- Open all apps menu and touch-press "File browser" icon.You will be presented with several directories.
- Select /mnt/sdcar/DCIM
- Select Camera under DCIM. thus the full directory path is /mnet/sdcard/DCIM/Camera
- Touch-press the Menu button and select "Delete all". This will delete all files in the desired directory.
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Monday, December 3, 2012
I understand our Motorola Fire XT is a low-end inexpensive device, but we feel shortchanged since a lot of Chinese phones now offers Android 4 OS. Ah well, we are shackled to version 2.35 Gingerbread.
Now I can only look with my lips closed tight at Samsung's Note 2, Galaxy S2 and S3 users as they are blessed with newer Android OS (Icecream Sandwich or Jellybean) versions!
There is only one way to get out of this rut! Increase or augment our incomes to buy the more capable products which are powered by dual and quadcore ARM devicies!
Sunday, July 1, 2012
- ti5x - A Texas Instruments TI58,TI59 calculator Something is wrong with the calculator keyboard. The last two rows cannot be seen!
- Free42 - An HP 42 calculator
- Droid48 - An HP 48 stack based calculator
- gCalc - scientific calculator with graphing capability!
- Graph 89 - A Texas Instruments TI-89 emulator software. Requires your TI 89 ROM image.
- Mathlab Calc - with graphing capability. An ads supported calculator, requiring an internet connection.
Sunday, June 17, 2012
- Panorama Camera 360
- Easy Panorana Camera Trial
- Panorama Beta
- DermanDar Panorama
- Photaf Panorama (Free)
- LoopLR Social Video
- Pro Ca[ture Free - Camera
Thursday, May 17, 2012
- To make a call:
Press Home/Contacts. You will see Phone, Call log Favourites icons in the top row.
- Method 1. Press Phone icon. You can directly press the phone number or select from the contact list.
- Method 2. Press Contacts icon. Select callee, two icons (call and messaging) will be shown. Then select phone icon.
- Send text messages.
- Method 1. Via Home/Contacts-Recipient in contact list. Press Home/Contacts and select recipient. Select Messaging icon.
- Method 2. Via Home/Contacts-Recipient not in contact list, number known. Input phone number in To field. Compose text. Send text.
- Method 3. Via Home/All Apps/Messaging. Tap on New Message. Specify number or select from contact list. Compose Message and tap Send.
- View text messages| notifications. Tap Home/Menu/Notifications.
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
|XT 532 feature||XT 531|
|2G Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 and SIM 2||single SIM only|
|3G Network: HSDPA 850 / 2100 – SIM 1, 7.2 Mbit/s, UMTS, EDGE||no change|
|Dimensions: 114x62x12, 61.9mm(Width),114mm (Height), 11.95mm (Thickness||practically no change|
|Weight: 115 grams||114 g|
|capacitive touchscreen TFT display of 3.5 inches, 320x480(~165 ppi pixel density)||no change|
|Switch Moto UI||no change|
|Touch Controls||no change|
|Vibration and MP3 ringtones||no change|
|3.5 mm headphone jack,||no change|
|microSD card slot up to 32GB, microSDHC, microSDC||no change|
|512 MB ROM, 512Mb RAM||no change|
|GPRS Class 12 (4 +1 / 3 +2 / 2 +3 / 1 +4 slots), 32 – 48 kbps|
|EDGE Class 12|
|Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot||no change|
|Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, EDR||no change|
|microUSB 2.0, HS||no change|
|5 megapixel camera with autofocus, geo-tagging and LED flash||no change|
|Primary Camera 5 Megapixels, autofocus||No change|
|Video Camera Recorder 640x480 VGA 24 fps||no change|
|Front camera 0.3 Megapixels VGA||no change|
|Android OS 2.3.7 (Gingerbread)||Android OS 2.3.5|
|Single Processor core (single-core) 800 MHz||no change|
|Accelerometer sensor||no change|
|Proximity sensor||no change|
|Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email, IM||no change|
|Browser WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML||no change|
|GPS with A-GPS||no change|
|Java MIDP emulator||no change|
|Dual SIM (dual stand-by)||Single SIM only|
|Audio Player: MP3/WAV/AAC +|
|Video Player: MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV|
|Google Search, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk||no change|
|Photo Viewer||no change|
|Predictive text input||no change|
|Standard battery Li-Ion 1500 mAh||average 8h, standby 28 days(672 h), 1540 mAh|
|Release date: ?||August 5, 2011|
$ df Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/sda1 113179556 70826336 36603960 66% / udev 1405852 4 1405848 1% /dev tmpfs 565908 952 564956 1% /run none 5120 0 5120 0% /run/lock none 1414760 116 1414644 1% /run/shm /dev/sdb1 15105408 181952 14923456 2% /media/9338-1802Notice the "/media/9338-1802" entry? That is how the Moto fire looks as a file system to the PC. Where are the image files stored? Look in the directory "/media/9338-1802/DCIM/Camera". Now in the terminal you can copy or even move the image files to any directory in the PC. For example,
mkdir ~/my-moto cd ~/my-moto mv -v /media/9338-1802/DCIM/Camera/* .All your image files stored in the Fire XT/DCIM/Camera directory will now be moved to the current director ~/my-moto. The whole procedure is quite fast! You forgot wher your USB cable is? That will be a topic of future articles.